[Insight-users] linker error concerning netlib.h

Suyash P. Awate suyash at cs.utah.edu
Tue, 20 Jan 2004 20:22:36 -0700

Hi,

I am trying to compile an application of mine (written entirely in itk)
on an irix machine. However I get a linker error (details below). It
seems like the linker is unable to find the netlib.h file although the
file does exit in my repository.

I am trying to build this using the latest cvs checkout of itk. (I will
now also try to build this using the release 1.4 and see if the same
thing happens. I hope it should work there.)

Note that this application used to compile perfect in the previous
version of itk that I checked out from via cvs. Also I have NO problems
compiling this on a linux platform with the latest itk cvs checkout.

I would appreciate any advise regarding this.

Thanks,
Regards,
Suyash.

---------

make
Building dependencies. cmake.depends...
`cmake.check_depends' is up to date.
`cmake.depends' is up to date.
Building object file ThresholdSegmentationLevelSetImageFilter.o...
Building executable
/home/sci/suyash/ThresholdSegmentBrain_Irix/ThresholdSegmentationLevelSetImageFilter...

--- C++ prelinker: ThresholdSegmentationLevelSetImageFilter.o ---
  CC -DEFAULT:abi=n32:isa=mips4:proc=r10k -O3 -LANG:std
-I/home/sci/suyash/ThresholdSegmentBrain_Irix
-I/home/sci/suyash/Insight_Build_Irix_Opt3
-I/home/sci/suyash/Insight/Code/Algorithms
-I/home/sci/suyash/Insight/Code/BasicFilters
-I/home/sci/suyash/Insight/Code/Common
-I/home/sci/suyash/Insight/Code/Numerics
-I/home/sci/suyash/Insight/Code/IO
-I/home/sci/suyash/Insight/Code/Numerics/FEM
-I/home/sci/suyash/Insight/Code/Numerics/Statistics
-I/home/sci/suyash/Insight/Code/SpatialObject
-I/home/sci/suyash/Insight/Utilities/MetaIO
-I/home/sci/suyash/Insight/Utilities/DICOMParser
-I/home/sci/suyash/Insight_Build_Irix_Opt3/Utilities/DICOMParser
-I/home/sci/suyash/Insight_Build_Irix_Opt3/Utilities/expat
-I/home/sci/suyash/Insight/Utilities/expat
-I/home/sci/suyash/Insight_Build_Irix_Opt3/Utilities
-I/home/sci/suyash/Insight/Utilities/vxl/vcl
-I/home/sci/suyash/Insight/Utilities/vxl/core
-I/home/sci/suyash/Insight_Build_Irix_Opt3/Utilities/vxl/vcl
-I/home/sci/suyash/Insight_Build_Irix_Opt3/Utilities/vxl/core -c -n32
/home/sci/suyash/ThresholdSegmentBrain_Irix/ThresholdSegmentationLevelSetImageFilter.cxx
-o ThresholdSegmentationLevelSetImageFilter.o
cc-1005 CC: ERROR File =
/home/sci/suyash/Insight/Utilities/vxl/core/vnl/algo/vnl_netlib.h, Line = 22
   The source file "netlib.h" is unavailable.

   #include <netlib.h>
                      ^

1 catastrophic error detected in the compilation of
"/home/sci/suyash/ThresholdSegmentBrain_Irix/ThresholdSegmentationLevelSetImageFilter.cxx".
Compilation terminated.

Suyash P. Awate
Research Assistant, School of Computing, University of Utah
Room: 3575 MEB, Phone: 801-587-9459