[Insight-users] Compiling InsightApplications

Anthony Bennett abennett at csit.fsu.edu
Tue, 27 Jan 2004 12:39:27 -0500 (EST)

Hello everyone,

I'm working over at FSU's School of Computational Science and Information
Technology, and we're looking into ITK for doing registration of 3D
datasets of neurons. We're running Linux 2.4.22 (RedHat 9) on some Dell
machines with 1.5GB of RAM, 2.40GHz P4s with 512KB L2 cache, and Gainward
GeForce FX 5900 Ultras.

Now, then, I downloaded ITK 1.4.0 and compiled it, along with all the
examples. Then I found out about the InsightApplications directory, so I
got that off of the CVS. Looking at the readme, I discovered I needed VTK,
FLTK, and Qt. We already have Qt (3.1) installed on here, so I got VTK
(4.2), compiled that; FLTK (1.1.4), compiled that ("make" and "make
install"); and then I tried compiling the InsightApplications. I've
pointed CCMake in the proper directions for all the files required, but I
keep hitting snags. After ccmake has generated the Makefile, I run the
"make", and it manages to get as far as compiling
Auxiliary/VtkFltk/libITKVtkFltk.so, but then it complains about
Auxiliary/vtk/itkCurvatureFlowToVTK.cxx, starting right off on the first
lines of main():

.../Auxiliary/vtk/itkCurvatureFlowToVTK.cxx:99:
    wrong number of template arguments (2, should be 1)

Like I said, as far as I know, everything else is compiled and installed
properly. Is this a VTK thing, and ITK thing, or is it something I've
failed to do?

Thanks in advance for all your help. Right now, all we really want to
compile is the landmark registration stuff, so even if you can help us
compile just that, we'd greatly appreciate it!

--
Anthony L. Bennett