[Insight-users] Compiling InsightApplications

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Tue, 27 Jan 2004 14:43:42 -0500

Hi Anthony,

You shouldn't compile the CVS version of
InsightApplications against version 1.4
of ITK.

The version numbers of Insight and InsightApplications
must match. The code of the applications evolves in
synchronization with the code in ITK. Right now
your are trying to compiler the newest version of the
applications against a four-months-old version of
the library.

Please take one of the following options:

A) Use 1.4 version 1.4 of InsightApplications
    if you want to build it with ITK 1.4. You
    can get tar.gz and .zip files for both from
    the ITK download page. Or through CVS by
    using the tag "Release-1-4"

           OR

B) Use the CVS versions of both Insight and
    InsightApplications. Check for the Dashboard
    to be green before you go this way.

           OR

C) Even better, Use the release 1.6 of both Insight
    and InsightApplications which you can get by using
    the CVS tag   "ITK-1-6"