[Insight-users] Laplacian level set filter

Joshua Cates cates at sci.utah.edu
Thu, 29 Jan 2004 10:05:47 -0700 (MST)

Hello Radhika,

I would suggest that you look at the SpeedImage from the level-set filter
as a way to guide your parameter tuning.  The SpeedImage is precomputed
and sampled by the level-set solver as the force term guiding deformation
of the level-set surface.  Where the speed term is positive, the
level-sets will grow.  Where the speed term is negative the level sets
will shrink.  Try to adjust your parameters so that you see zero crossings
at the boundaries of the structures you are trying to segment.

You can access the speed term through a GetSpeedImage method on the
level-set filter _after_ the filter has been updated once (even with 0
iterations) and then write to a file or otherwise view it.  See the
documentation for more details.

Your conductance term for the anisotropic diffusion looks rather high but
will vary with the amount of noise and content of your data.  Typically i
start setting conductance at around 0.5.

Josh.

 Josh Cates
 Scientific Computing and Imaging Institute
 University of Utah
 Email: cates at sci.utah.edu
 Phone: (801) 587-7697