[Insight-users] Laplacian level set filter

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Thu, 29 Jan 2004 12:10:52 -0500

Hi Radhika,

Did the LaplacianSegmentationLevelSet
filter use all the iterations that you set ?

That its, did it reached the target RMS error
before using all the iterations ?

If not,
your parameters are probably too conservative.

If you need to accelerate the propagation of
the front you could try using values as high
as 10 to 100 for the Translation scaling as
well as the Advection scaling.

Please also check visually the result of
smoothing the MRI image before you pass it
as input to the LevelSet filter.