[Insight-users] ImageViewer on the Mac

Gavin Baker gavinb+xtk@cs.mu.OZ.AU
Fri May 7 05:21:02 EDT 2004

Hello Suyash,

On Tue, Apr 27, 2004 at 08:27:36PM +0000, Suyash P. Awate wrote:

> I compiled the ImageViewer (from the InsightApplications) on the mac
> (Darwin operating system).
>
> After I run the application a window pops up which allows me to browse
> through my file system to select a particular file I want to view. The
> problem is that I am not able to move this window to some other location
> of my desktop.
>
> Is this a know bug(?) for the ImageViewer on the mac or is there a way I
> can overcome this diffuculty ?
>
> Note: I compiled fltk on the Mac myself so as to be able to use it for
> the ImageViewer.
>
> I will appreciate some advice on this matter,

This sounds like a very common problem, specifically that the application
does not have the proper resources set up to register it with the window
manager.

After the executable is linked, you just need to run:

% /Developer/Tools/Rez Carbon.r -o myapp

Alternatively you can package up your program into a proper .app (see the
XCode docs for more details).

  :: Gavin

--
Gavin Baker                                      Complex Systems Group
http://www.cs.mu.oz.au/~gavinb             The University of Melbourne