[Insight-users] Newbies searching

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez@kitware.com
Mon May 10 02:08:20 EDT 2004

Hi Sickboy

1) Yes, with ITK you can read DICOM 2D slices and
    create 3D volumes.

2) Yes, ITK is a good choice for this operations.
    You will find examples on this under:

        Insight/Examples/IO
                 DicomSeriesReadImageWrite.cxx

3) Do you care about the actual anatomical structures
    in the DICOM files ?  That is, liver or brain ?

    A number of datasets from abdominal CT are available
    from the ISIS center at Georgetown University. If you
    are interested we can point you to a FTP location.