[Insight-users] Using itkDiscreteGaussianImageFilter while writing multiple outputs

Robert Maroon robertmaroon@yahoo.com
Fri May 7 17:03:37 EDT 2004

Hi all,

I am having a problem using the
itkDiscreteGaussianImageFilter in a progam where I am
inputting a volume using a metaheader, and then using
a while loop to:

1) Apply a Gaussian of sigma_i to the volume.
2) Write it to a file where I add i to the end
 of the file name (before the extension).
3) Change the sigma to sigma_i+1 using
gaussianFilter->SetVariance(newSigma)
4) Repeat.

The problem is that while the raw files are being
written out, they all have only the first sigma
applied to them. Is there a way to update a filter in
the middle of a program like I describe and make it
update it's parameters? Thus applying the updated
sigma to each new volume?

Also, when I write out the files, I get all the
numbered .raw files but I only get one metaheader file
pertaining to the last one written out. Is there
anyway of making it write multiple metaheader files?

For the metaheader files I am using:
itk::MetaImageIO for the image types, and I do a

writer->SetImageIO( metaWriter );

after I set the input of the writer.

Thanks!