[Insight-users] Constrained region growing

Mathias Seitel mathias.seitel@igd.fhg.de
Fri May 7 17:16:23 EDT 2004

Hi Radhika,

as far as I know there is no such filter. However you can use the
itk::RegionOfInterestImageFilter to extract a region from an image and
then apply your region growing filter to this new image. The
RegionOfInterestImageFilter sets its origin such that the new and the
original images are aligned properly, i.e. you can for example easily
superimpose the result on the original image. That's how I do it.

One disadvantage of this method is the additional memory which is needed
by the ROI filter.

Mathias

--
Dipl.-Inf. (FH) Mathias Seitel
Fraunhofer Gesellschaft         Phone: +49-6151-155 484