[Insight-users] CSwig wrapping question...

Brad King brad.king@kitware.com
Fri May 7 20:00:12 EDT 2004

Tuhin Sinha wrote:

> Hello fellow insight-ers,
>
>   I have recently started exploring the wrapping capabilities of ITK and
> CSwig for Python.  I have managed to adapt some of the files in the
> Wrapping/CSwig directory to wrap the following classes:
>
> itkDemonsRegistrationFilter
> itkPDEDeformableRegistrationFilter
> itkVectorNeighborhoodOperatorImageFilter
> itkWarpImageFilter
>
> A problem I have come across that I don't understand is that some of the
> documented member functions aren't showing up in python.  Specifically,
> for the Demons registration filter, I can't access the following
> methods:
>
> itkDemonsRegistrationFilter::SetNumberOfIterations()
> itkDemonsRegistartionFilter::GetOutput()

The wrapper configuration files specify wrapping specific classes, not
class hierarchies.  Therefore in order to get all methods you have to
make sure that the superclass template instantiations are also wrapped.

-Brad