[Insight-users] problem to wrap Itk with python

Nick Hu nhu@sten.sunnybrook.utoronto.ca
Wed May 12 21:06:33 EDT 2004

Hi all,
I was trying to build itk with python wrapper but got an error when I loaded
"InsightToolkit.py" or ran the examples in the
"..\Wrapping\CSwig\Tests\Python":

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File
"C:\Project\itk\nightly\Insight\Wrapping\CSwig\Tests\Python\testObject.py
", line 1, in ?
    from InsightToolkit import *
  File
"C:\Project\itk\nightly\Insight\Wrapping\CSwig\Python\InsightToolkit.py",
 line 1, in ?
    from itkalgorithms import *
  File
"C:\Project\itk\nightly\Insight\Wrapping\CSwig\Python\itkalgorithms.py",
line 1, in ?
    from itkbasicfilters import *
  File
"C:\Project\itk\nightly\Insight\Wrapping\CSwig\Python\itkbasicfilters.py"
, line 1, in ?
    from itkcommon import *
  File "C:\Project\itk\nightly\Insight\Wrapping\CSwig\Python\itkcommon.py",
line
 1, in ?
    from vxlnumerics import *
  File
"C:\Project\itk\nightly\Insight\Wrapping\CSwig\Python\vxlnumerics.py", li
ne 4, in ?
    from VXLNumericsPython import *
ImportError: No module named VXLNumericsPython

It seems that VXLNumericsPython could not be found. I searched all files on
my computer and could find " VXLNumericsPython.py" or
"VXLNumericsPython.dll".

The building process has no problem at all. First I built itk without Cswig
wrapping, then I built Cswig, finally I re-ran the cmake to set for Cswig
wrapping with python.

Can any one please give me a suggestion? Thanks

Regards,

nick