[Insight-users] derivative calculation

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez@kitware.com
Fri May 14 16:04:48 EDT 2004

Hi Michael,

Thanks for pointing this out.

This actually qualifies as a bug. It has been
entered in the bug tracker with ID # 843
http://www.itk.org/Bug/bug.php?op=show&bugid=843&pos=0

As you pointed out it will be more appropriate to
have a SetDelta()/GetDelta() methods for setting
the value of differential to be used for computing
the derivative. This value was fixed in good faith  :-)
under the assumption that the values to optimizer are
in the [-1:1] range. In practice, there is no way
for the Metric to enforce this range...

The scaling parameters are in practice applied to
the optimizer, where they are taken into account.

--

This bug has now been fixed.

Please update your CVS checkout in order to get
the modifications.

Let us know if you find any other problem.