[Insight-users] derivative calculation

Michael michakuhn@gmx.ch
Fri May 14 09:39:16 EDT 2004

Hi,

I've noticed, that the for the derivative calculation, the
MeanReciprocalSquareDifferenceImageToImageMetric and the
GradientDifferenceImageToImageMetric make uses of a fix-coded (0.00011)
delta for their derivative calculation. It seems to me, that the
HistogramImageToImageMetric uses a flexible derivative step length and
scalings for each parameters dimension for the same thing. I hope I
understood this correctely...

Is there a reason for the fix coded 0.00011 delta, and why 0.00011?

Thanks,

Michael