[Insight-users] RescaleIntensityImageFilter doesn't respect user-set InputMinimum/Maximum

Mathias Seitel mathias.seitel@igd.fhg.de
Fri May 21 08:04:39 EDT 2004

Hello,

I also think it's convenient to have a rescale intensity filter which
allows for both automatic detection and manual setting of the input
image range. I've recently written a class itk::MapIntensityImageFilter
which is similar to RescaleImageIntensityFilter, but offers two
operation modes:

Range: InputMinimum and InputMaximum have to be specified manually

MinMax: InputMinimum and InputMaximum will be detected with a
StatisticsImageFilter

In my application, this filter helps to reduce memory consumption and
processing time, since I need to switch the mapping behaviour during
runtime.

Please let me know if you are interested in the code so I could post it.

Mathias