[Insight-users] vtkview and files converted by ITK

Perrine Paul perrine.paul at chu-rennes.fr
Fri Oct 15 11:19:17 EDT 2004

Hello,
I would like to use vtkview from CISG (www.imageregistration.com) to
non-rigidly register 2 images originally in png.
So I need to convert my files.

vtkview accepts .gipl or analyse files (.hdr and .img)
I tried to used the ITK IO example ImageReadWrite:
ImageReadWrite myimage.png mynewimage.gipl

The created file seems to be corrupted: if i tried to read it using
ImageReadWrite mynewimage.gipl mynewimage.gipl

I tried the same thing with analyse file

ImageReadWrite myimage.png mynewimage.hdr
ImageReadWrite mynewimage.hdr mytest.hdr

There was no problem when reading the file.

The problem appeared when I tried to use vtkview with the .hdr:
vtkCISGAnalyseReader had a problem with the header: unknown pixel type: 132.

Can you help me?
How can I convert a png file in a format compatible with CISG vtkview?

Thanks in advance.

Perrine

--
Perrine PAUL - PHD student