[Insight-users] Compile error in building Example_ITKFilterLibTest in InsightApplications

Sambit Bhattacharya sbhatta at cse.Buffalo.EDU
Fri Oct 15 14:45:32 EDT 2004

Hi All,
My computer runs Red Hat Enterprise Linux Version 3.2.3-42 with gcc
version 3.2.3 and I have successfully built and installed
InsightToolkit-1.8.0 . Now when building InsightApplications-1.8.0 I run
into a compile error while building the Example_ITKFilterLibTest which has
to do with an undefined reference in libExample_ITKFilterLib.so ( please
read the output below ). Strangely everything worked fine when building on
a different machine with the same Linux and gcc versions, but I don't plan
use ITK on that one.
Any help would be highly appreciated.
Thanks,
Sambit.

Here is the error message :

 Building executable
/home/berezney/RESEARCH_TOOLKITS/ITK/InsightApplications-1.8.0/Executables/Example_ITKFilterLibTest...
/usr/local/lib/InsightToolkit/libExample_ITKFilterLib.so: undefined
reference to `itk::Region::Print(std::basic_ostream<char,
std::char_traits<char> >&) const'
/usr/local/lib/InsightToolkit/libExample_ITKFilterLib.so: undefined
reference to `itk::LightObject::Print(std::basic_ostream<char,
std::char_traits<char> >&) const'
/usr/local/lib/InsightToolkit/libExample_ITKFilterLib.so: undefined
reference to `itk::ProcessObject::GetReleaseDataFlag()'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[3]: ***
[/home/berezney/RESEARCH_TOOLKITS/ITK/InsightApplications-1.8.0/Executables/Example_ITKFilterLibTest]
Error 1
make[2]: *** [default_target] Error 2
make[1]: *** [default_target_ITKFilterLib] Error 2
make: *** [default_target] Error 2