[Insight-users] Compile error in building Example_ITKFilterLibTest in InsightApplications

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Fri Oct 15 15:56:17 EDT 2004

Hi Sambit,

It seems that this library is having trouble finding basic
objects from ITKCommon.

Possible suspects are:

0) If you moved the source code of ITKLibrary out of the
    InsightApplications directory but didn't adapted its
    CMakeLists.txt file accordingly.

1) If you moved ITKCommon or the ITK binary directory
    after finishing the build

2) If you interrupted the build process of ITKCommon

3) If you are mixing versions of Insight and InsightApplications.
    E.g. using ITK 1.6 with Insight Applications 1.8

4) If you have old ITK shared libraries from a previous
    version.

5) If you used different compilers for building Insight
    and InsightApplications (although CMake normaly detects
    and warns about this one...).

6) Check what you have in your LD_LIBRARY_PATH...

7) Did you played with any of the Advanced options in CMake ?

8) Check at the Makefile in the directory where ITKFilterLibTest
    is being built. What libraries are listed in the link line ?

Do you succed to build *any* other application from
InsightApplications ?

Please let us know what you find from the list above.