[Insight-users] Image dimension problem on DeformableRegistrationxx.cxx

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Sun Oct 24 16:47:00 EDT 2004

Hi Jung,

The error message that you get is quite clear:

>> RecursiveGaussianImageFilter(02CA8B60): The number of pixels along
>> direction 2 is less than 4. This filter requires a minimum of four
>> pixels along the dimension to be processed."}" .

You are feeding this program with an image of dimensions:

                256  x  256 x  1

What the error message says is that you should use at least
an  image of dimensions

                256  x  256 x  4

If what you have is a single slice, then you shouldn't manage it
as a 3D image, because there is no appropriate way of computing
the derivatives in the 3rd dimension.

Why are you passing a single slice to a program that is intended
to compute deformable registration between two volumes ?

Please let us know,