[Insight-users] Geospatial registration

Garrett Potts potts at cfl.rr.com
Wed Oct 27 07:13:23 EDT 2004

Hello All:

> I have adapted our image processing chain by using your import image
> filter that takes a raw buffer and adapts it into your processing
> chain.   Our transformation parameters are normalized between -1 and 1
> and act as multipliers on the sensor's adjustable sigma values.  I
> have adapted the Transform to use our image to view transformation
> mechanism and map the parameters you send to our internal parameters.
>  What I am now trying to do is not let the Registration code do its
> own transformation but instead set the floating image manually after
> each parameter adjustment then let it do the image comparison to the
> fixed image.  Is there a way to override the current registration's
> internal resampling of the pixels?  If so this will allow me to adapt
> the output of my resampling process and feed it directly to the
> registration engine on every parameter adjustment.

I got this working by overriding my own interpolation function.  I
guess this was the way to go?    I am now trying out various optimizers
to adjust my parameters.  I am having a tough time matching the
floating image from the fixed.  I would like to try the conjugate
gradient technique but keep getting the ARMIJO condition unable to be
met.  Has anyone tried registration on Satellite imagery?  If so, is
there any suggestions you can give for the best methods to use?

Thank you

Take care

Garrett Potts