[Insight-users] Boundary Condition

l franz l.franz25 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 5 14:02:32 EDT 2005

Good afternoon everyone,

I'm trying to write an image filter in C++ with differents ITK tools. The
filter is Susan filter. This filter already exists in C. To perfom the
filtering, I have to enlarge the image. In the susan smooth filter in C, to
enlarge the image, the program performs like this:

The image is composed of lines of pixels (a first line, a second line under
the first one...). For exemple, to enlarged the top of the image, the C
program copies the second line of pixel above the first one. Then it copies
the third line above the copy of the second line (so, above the new line of
pixel), ect...

The same is done to enlarge the bottom, left, right side of the image.

ITK gives differents tools to enlarge (Constant Boundary Condition, Periodic
Boundary Condition and Zero Flux Neumann Boundary condition), but no one do
what the C program do. Have I missed an ITK tool that I can use?? Or perhaps
someone can advice me about a boundary condition for my work??

Thanks for all advice.

Regards,

François