[Insight-users] What is it means? : How to define convergence criteria for registration

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Sun Apr 17 17:35:14 EDT 2005

Hi Javier,

In order to find the right values for the optimizer you must
connect an observer to the optimizer and print out the values
of the metric at every iteration.

If you plot these values versus the iteration number you will
be able to determine the appropriate convergence criteria for
your particular registration problem.

You will find multiple examples on how to connect Command/Observers
to Optimizers in the ITK Software Guide

            http://www.itk.org/ItkSoftwareGuide.pdf