[Insight-users] Re: itk typemaps again !

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Mon Aug 1 10:20:59 EDT 2005

Gaetan Lehmann wrote:
> cableswig seems to use an old version of swig (1.3.21, 2004-01-10)
> which  is not really good with templates.
> std::vector can't be used with 2 arguments as you suggest.
>
> this problem was solved in 1.3.24 (see
> http://www.swig.org/Release/CHANGES), and 1.3.25 is out.
> Is it possible to update SWIG in CableSwig ?

Yes, but we have no time to do it now.  Please submit a feature request:

http://www.itk.org/Bug

> I have done a diff between SWIG in cableswig and official 1.3.21
> release  and it seems that there is some (lots of?) differences.  Have
> you got a  patch to apply to SWIG ?
> I thought the policy about SWIG part is to touch nothing. Am I wrong ?

There are two reasons for the differences:

1.) CableSwig did not actually use any official SWIG release.  It used a
version taken from CVS on some date near to the 1.3.21 release.

2.) Several changes to the SWIG part of CableSwig were made to fix bugs.
  Most of these changes were contributed back to SWIG (though not all
were accepted and the bugs were fixed by other means), but the changes
were not all in the 1.3.21 release.

-Brad