[Insight-users] Re: itk typemaps again !

Gaetan Lehmann gaetan.lehmann at jouy.inra.fr
Wed Aug 3 10:02:07 EDT 2005

On Mon, 01 Aug 2005 16:20:59 +0200, Brad King <brad.king at kitware.com>
wrote:

> Gaetan Lehmann wrote:
>> cableswig seems to use an old version of swig (1.3.21, 2004-01-10)
>> which  is not really good with templates.
>> std::vector can't be used with 2 arguments as you suggest.
>>  this problem was solved in 1.3.24 (see
>> http://www.swig.org/Release/CHANGES), and 1.3.25 is out.
>> Is it possible to update SWIG in CableSwig ?
>
> Yes, but we have no time to do it now.  Please submit a feature request:
>
> http://www.itk.org/Bug

Done
http://www.itk.org/Bug/bug.php?op=show&bugid=2095&pos=1

I have submited it in gccxml, even if it's not related to gccxml by
himself, but there is no cableswig entry

I hope it can be done quite quickly :-)

>> I have done a diff between SWIG in cableswig and official 1.3.21
>> release  and it seems that there is some (lots of?) differences.  Have
>> you got a  patch to apply to SWIG ?
>> I thought the policy about SWIG part is to touch nothing. Am I wrong ?
>
> There are two reasons for the differences:
>
> 1.) CableSwig did not actually use any official SWIG release.  It used a
> version taken from CVS on some date near to the 1.3.21 release.
>
> 2.) Several changes to the SWIG part of CableSwig were made to fix bugs.
>   Most of these changes were contributed back to SWIG (though not all
> were accepted and the bugs were fixed by other means), but the changes
> were not all in the 1.3.21 release.

Thanks for explanations. I'll try to build cableswig with a fresh swig. I
hope they haven't changed to much thing...

--
Gaetan Lehmann <gaetan.lehmann at jouy.inra.fr>
Tel: +33 1 34 65 29 66