[Insight-users] A Q on OrientImageFilter

yaolu at engineering.uiowa.edu yaolu at engineering.uiowa.edu
Wed Aug 3 16:41:41 EDT 2005

Hi, all,

I'm new here. I load a DICOM series of data and want to swich y and z axies.
That is: My input is coronal and I want to change them to axial. So I use
OrientImageFilter. But I didn't see it switch the y and z after the filting.
Could anybody tell me is there anything wrong with my code?

Thanks a lot!

Jenny

The following is related code:

itk::SpatialOrientation::ValidCoordinateOrientationFlags CoordinateOrientation;

		itk::ExposeMetaData<itk::SpatialOrientation::ValidCoordinateOrientationFlags>
		(m_Temp->GetMetaDataDictionary(),itk::ITK_CoordinateOrientation,CoordinateOrientation);

typedef itk::OrientImageFilter<ImageType,ImageType> OrientFilterType;
		OrientFilterType::Pointer orienterfilter = OrientFilterType::New();

		//orienterfilter->UseImageDirectionOn();
		orienterfilter->SetGivenCoordinateOrientation(CoordinateOrientation);
		orienterfilter->SetDesiredCoordinateOrientation(itk::SpatialOrientation::ITK_COORDINATE_ORIENTATION_RAI);
		orienterfilter->SetInput(m_Temp);
		orienterfilter->Update();
		m_Temp= orienterfilter->GetOutput();