[Insight-users] Getting a single pixel's Voronoi region: looking for data struct and access function

Karthik Krishnan Karthik.Krishnan at kitware.com
Mon Aug 8 11:00:31 EDT 2005

Torsten Rohlfing wrote:

> Hi --
>
> I was wondering if there is an efficient function to obtain the
> Voronoi region of a single pixel from an image? Also, is there a
> lightweight data structure for rectangular regions in world
> coordinates? itk::BoxSpatialObject is a little too sophisticated for
> my purposes, and itk::Region and its derived classes apparently
> support regions in index space only.

Depends on how lightweight you want it to be. There are classes that
derive from Object, like BoundingBox etc... but if you are going to use
this data structure the way itk::Point is used, you probably do not want
anything deriving from itk::Object, cause it will maintain a
ModificationTime and other overhead...

In that case you could make up your own datastructure