[Insight-users] MutualInformationImageToImageMetric

Karthik Krishnan Karthik.Krishnan at kitware.com
Tue Aug 9 09:10:44 EDT 2005

Most metrics provide a GetValue and a GetDerivative and/or a
GetValueAndDerivative method. It is up to the optimizer that is plugged
into the registration process to decide what to use.

For instance the GradientDescentOptimzers use the derivative to guide
the transform parameters. The 1+1 evolutionary optimizers use the
GetValue methods and do not use the derivatives.

HTH
karthik