[Insight-users] help with gaussian blurring

Renaud Isabelle renauisa at yahoo.fr
Tue Aug 9 16:43:17 EDT 2005

Hi,

I have a 3D initial image which is in fact a sequence in time of 2D images.

I wanna apply a gaussian smoothing on each 2D images without filtering in time, that is in z direction.

How could I do?

- Do I have to define my gaussian filter only on 2D image after having extracted each time a 2D image from my 3D volume,

- or could I define my gaussian filter on my whole 3D image ( = reader's output), but specify it to work only on x and y  directions?

i take a look on the example and ITK applications but i couldn't find this case.

please put a light on me,

isabelle