[Insight-users] PointSet Segmentation

Karthik Krishnan Karthik.Krishnan at kitware.com
Thu Aug 11 15:12:55 EDT 2005

Kevin H. Hobbs wrote:

>Is there any way to segment PointSets or Blobs?  I looked through the
>software guide, and the Doxygen, and I didn't see anything.

If your point set is sparse enough, you can use a clustering algorithm.

You can use Kmeans clustering from ITK.
Take a look at Examples/Statistics/KdTreeBasedKMeansClustering.cxx

Your sample in the example will be the list of points in the point set.
You can define the number of clusters you want.
Since Euclidian distance metric is used, you will end up binning your
sparse image into n clusters.

HTH
karthik