[Insight-users] Problem with multi-threaded metric computation

Florence Dru fdru at imaging.robarts.ca
Fri Aug 12 11:33:40 EDT 2005

Hello,
here is my problem: I have parallelized a part of my program that calls
the "GetValue()" function of my cost function object.
I used the itkMultiThreader class to do this.
But the problem is that when I use more than 1 thread, when the cost
function object is evaluated a one point the returned values are
completely incorrect ( in the order of 200 instead of the usual order of
0.3) and I was wondering whether it could come from the different
threads that access the same object at the same time, messing up everything.
Could someone help me ?
Thanks beforehand for replying.

Florence DRU