[Insight-users] Using masks in multiresolution registration

Vicente Grau vicente at robots.ox.ac.uk
Tue Aug 16 06:15:01 EDT 2005

I am trying to include masks for the fixed and moving images in a
MultiResolutionImageRegistrationMethod, using Mutual Information. I have
modified the MultiResMIRegistration application to include the masks, by
creating them and adding

m_Metric->SetFixedImageMask(m_FixedObjectMask);
m_Metric->SetMovingImageMask(m_MovingObjectMask);

m_Registration->StartRegistration();

however, the mask does not seem to make a difference at all: I get
exactly the same results even when all pixels in the mask are zero.
Is it possible to use masks in a multiresolution framework? Is this the
right way to do it? Are there any examples I can use?

Thanks very much,

Vicente Grau