[Insight-users] ITK Developer's Conference in Bethesda, MD October 13-14, 2005

Will Schroeder will.schroeder at kitware.com
Thu Aug 25 16:12:01 EDT 2005

As many of you know, we are hosting an ITK Developer's Conference
October 13-14, 2005 (http://www.itk.org/Wiki/ITK_Conference_2005).
The agenda is firming up, and now might be a good time to think about
travel plans. There are several presentations that may interest many of you:

    * Thursday 13 October 2005
        * Key Note Panel: "Open Source Software Licensing." We are
expecting to bring in several legal experts who will talk about
open-source licensing.
        * Presentations by A2D2 contractors awarded in 2004
        * ISC Administrative meeting (attendence limited)

    * Friday 14 October 2005
        * ISC Discussion on licensing and backward compatibility (open to all)
        * Presentations "Challenges to the Biological Imaging
Community." We are expecting to have 3-5 speakers describing future
challenges to the ITK community.
        * Envisioning ITK: Toolkit Road map for 2005-2006 and into the future

In particular, the Keynote Panel on Open-Source licensing may be very
informative and entertaining. We are also looking to get several
speakers to talk about biological imaging challenges. And of course,
at the end of the day on Friday we are going to talk about the future
of ITK....we need your feedback.

We would also like to ask that the A2D2's project awardees come to
the meeting if at all possible. There is a special spot in the agenda
for presentations from these folks.

Will