[Insight-users] GDCM orientation issue....

Neil Weisenfeld neil at bwh.harvard.edu
Mon Aug 29 20:12:42 EDT 2005

Hi all,

The GDCMImageIO reader seems to take the direction cosine vector for
rows and columns and crosses them in order to get the slice direction.

How does this account for the direction of acquisition?

I seem to have two volumes with identical slice orientation (L->R,
S->I), but one with slices running A->P and the other with slices
running P->A.  Both are assigned the same orientation matrix.

Is it not the case that the progression of ImagePositionPatient from
slice to slice is needed to decode a sign for this?

I apologise if I'm adding unnecessarily to the pile.

Neil