[Insight-users] register two volumes of different types

Vincent A. Magnotta vincent-magnotta at uiowa.edu
Thu Dec 1 11:09:20 EST 2005

Grace,

Without having additional information, my guess is that the if the DTI
image is the moving image it is moving completely outside of the space
defined by the T1 weighted scan. I have been using this type of rigid
transform to co-register the same type of data (T1 and DTI) and have not
had any problems. I do initialize the transform with a
CenteredTransformInitializer and set the MomentsOn for the
initialization. Another potential problem could be the translation scale
value used for the registration. I hope that this helps.

Vince

Assistant Professor
Department of Radiology
0453-D JCP