[Insight-users] re: ITK mesh volume file format

Vincent A. Magnotta vincent-magnotta at uiowa.edu
Tue Dec 6 09:35:28 EST 2005

Rex,

This is not possible with ITK, but there is an ITK <-> VTK adapter in
InsightApplications:

InsightApplications/DeformableModelSimplexMesh/itkMeshTovtkPolyData.cxx
InsightApplications/DeformableModelSimplexMesh/itkMeshTovtkPolyData.h
InsightApplications/DeformableModelSimplexMesh/vtkPolyDataToitkMesh.cxx
InsightApplications/DeformableModelSimplexMesh/vtkPolyDataToitkMesh.h

>From VTK you can then write an STL file.

Vince

On Tue, 2005-12-06 at 08:24, mrcheung at mdanderson.org wrote:
> Hi,
> I am working on using ITK to generate a surface triangular mesh of an
> phantom prostate, then to use this as an input for FEM calculations of
> photon transport inside the volume (using NETGEN). What are the output file
> format options of an ITK mesh ? Is it possible to have the output as a STL
> format?
> Thx, Rex

Assistant Professor
Department of Radiology