[Insight-users] Re: [Insight-developers] question for itk pipeline expert

Gaetan Lehmann gaetan.lehmann at jouy.inra.fr
Thu Dec 8 05:01:51 EST 2005

Hi Bill,

No, there is no ReleaseDataFlagOn() in the filters used.
I have displayed the progress of all the filters to verify that they are
not reexecuted if they shouldn't, and everything looks nice (but the
timing are still not what they should).
It's a major problem for me: how can I evaluate the performance of the
filters in that situation ?

Gaetan

On Wed, 07 Dec 2005 21:12:55 +0100, Bill Lorensen <wlorens1 at nycap.rr.com>
wrote:

> Are you using ReleaseDataFlagOn in any of your filters. Perhaps
> something is re-executing.
>
> Bill
>
> At 07:42 AM 12/7/2005, Gaetan Lehmann wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm trying to measure the execution time of a new filter.
>> It's done with
>> http://voxel.jouy.inra.fr/darcs/contrib-itk/regionalExtrema/perf3D.cxx
>> Here are the results I get:
>>
>> [glehmann at marvin build]$ ./perf3D ../ESCells.img
>> #F      concave vrmin   rmin
>> 0       17.874  2.592   1.74
>> 1       21.022  3.613   2.799
>>
>> There is a problem: rmin is a sequence of filters which include vrmin,
>> and
>> so rmin should take more time than vrmin.
>> Now, if I comment rmin measure and update, I get
>>
>> [glehmann at marvin build]$ ./perf3D ../ESCells.img
>> #F      concave vrmin   rmin
>> 0       17.578  0       2.614
>> 1       21.276  0       3.722
>>
>> Again, there is something wrong: I should get the same value than before
>> for rmin if vrmin is not updated.
>>
>> I think there is something hidden in the execution of the pipeline, but
>> can't get what.
>> Can someone look at the code above and tell me what I'm doing wrong ?
>>
>> I'm using ITK 2.4.1, cmake 2.2.2 and gcc 4.0.1
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Gaetan
>>
>> --
>> Gaëtan Lehmann
>> Biologie du Développement et de la Reproduction
>> INRA de Jouy-en-Josas (France)
>> tel: +33 1 34 65 29 66    fax: 01 34 65 29 09
>> http://voxel.jouy.inra.fr

Gaëtan Lehmann