Fwd: [Insight-users] dual processor

Mark Wyszomierski markww at gmail.com
Wed Dec 14 13:02:13 EST 2005

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Mark Wyszomierski <markww at gmail.com>
Date: Dec 14, 2005 1:01 PM
Subject: Re: [Insight-users] dual processor
To: indian rock <indianrock at gmail.com>

No, I didn't find any open source methods. Did you check if specific
registration methods are internally multithreaded through ITK? (Maybe
I'm getting mixed up with VTK). I thought some were though.

What I did for myself though was to first create a thread pool with the
number of processors available. Then simply start a loop registering your
batch of images/volumes, letting registration threads that become free
constantly be at work handling the next task in the batch. You only need
one thread procedure where the ITK registration code lives, and in fact the
most difficult part is setting up the efficient control loop which parses
out the registration threads as they become free.

What platform are you using?

Mark