[Insight-users] convert image to coordinate

Andinet Enquobahrie andinet.enqu at kitware.com
Thu Dec 15 08:55:27 EST 2005

Hi Zen,:

> Hi,all:
> I want to convert image to coordinate.
> In this point,I read a 3D DICOM image using ImageFileReader and GDCM
> ImageIO,
> and then save it into itk::Image using reader->GetOutput() method.
>
> What class I need in this question?
>
> thanks    :)

When you say "coordinate", I think you are referring to something like a
point set. If that is the case, you might want to look into
"itkImageToMesh" filters such as "itkImageToParametricSpaceFilter" or
if you segment your input image first, then
"itkBinaryMaskToNarrowBandPointSetFilter" will give you a point set
containing the narrow band around the edges of the segmented binary image.

-Andinet