[Insight-users] Inverse of ScaleSkewVersor3DTransform

Karthik Krishnan Karthik.Krishnan at kitware.com
Fri Dec 16 10:17:21 EST 2005

Please correct me if I am wrong:

A ScaleSkewVersor3DTransform is exactly the same as an AffineTransform,
with a more intuitive representation of parameters. (ie the 3 scales and
6 skews in addition to the versor and translation)

The inverse is then the inverse of the affine matrix, which is another
affine transform.

I am pretty sure somebody has done the math to decompose an affine
transform into the scale, skew, Rotation matrix and translation
components. At least it sounds like something one would often want to do
to get a meaningful interpretation from an affine transform. If you do
find that, we could add it back into the class.

Regards
karthik