[Fwd: Re: [Insight-users] pixelType and grayscale]

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Mon Dec 19 13:53:43 EST 2005

Hi Romain,

You don't need a caster at the output of a rescale intensity filter.

Simply declare the rescale intensity filter to have the pixel type
that you want on the output image.

It is likely that your images have pixel values close to 1 and
look to dark when viewed in the dynamic range of 0-255.

You may want to use the ImageViewer that is available in

     InsightApplications/ImageViewer

This simple viewer will take into account pixel spacing and will
normalize the dynamic range of the image for display.

BTW:
You should avoid using BMP as a format for medical images.