[Insight-users] Distinguishing distinct thresholded features

Chris Farmer cfarmer at scitegic.com
Tue Dec 20 17:32:18 EST 2005

Hi.  I've got a thresholded binary image which represents a couple
disconnected features of interest.  I'd like to extract each of the
distinct, disconnected features in my image and represent it on its own
(as either a smaller binary image or some sort of mesh or pointset...
doesn't matter to me yet).  I've thought about just trudging through the
main image with a neighborhood iterator and keeping track of "objects"
I've seen, but I was hoping someone here could suggest whether there are
established ways of accomplishing this.  I can't seem to find any search
terms that lead me in the right direction in the archives.

Thanks,
Chris