[Insight-users] Distinguishing distinct thresholded features

Zachary Pincus zpincus at stanford.edu
Tue Dec 20 21:54:18 EST 2005

There's a full list of all the classes available in ITK available here:
http://www.itk.org/Doxygen/html/classes.html

You may be interested in the ConnectedComponentImageFilter:
http://www.itk.org/Doxygen/html/d3/d6a/
classitk_1_1ConnectedComponentImageFilter.html

I tend to modify this filter to achieve whatever results I want (e.g.
extracting each component into a separate image or whatever), but I
think the same results could be achieved (albeit less efficiently,
but these are fast operations we're talking about) with some
combination of ConnectedComponentImageFilter,
RelabelComponentImageFilter, ThresholdImageFilter,
ExtractImageFilter, and some FloodFill iterator.

I am actually surprised that there's no filter that takes a labeled
image (e.g. the result of ConnectedComponentImageFilter) and reports
the regions that contain each labeled region. Perhaps there is one
but I don't know of it...

Zach