[Insight-users] About optimizers and more

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Wed Dec 28 13:05:07 EST 2005

Hi Lino,

That sound like a great idea.

Please feel free to start that Wiki page,
we can add more topics as we go.

--

We actually have a page for Image Registration topics,
but it is not really populated at this point:

      http://www.itk.org/Wiki/ITK_Image_Registration

This page is linked from the main Wiki page

      http://www.itk.org/Wiki/ITK

as

      "Image Registration Topics".

You may want to take this page and organize its
content just as you suggested.

It may be nice to have sub pages per registration
components, e.g. optimizers, transforms, metrics...

and also have "use cases", like

   CT-MRI brain registration
   PET-CT registration
   ... etc

in this way we could put more specific recipes for
known cases that users and developers have worked on
during their use of ITK.

---

Please make sure that when you create a new Wiki page,
you always put "ITK" at the beginning of the page name,

Like in:

[[ITK Image Registration|Image Registration Topics]]

The reason is that the Wiki mixes pages from ITK and
other projects in the same directory, and if we don't
put a prefix, we risk of having collision with the
page names. For example, you should avoid having a page
called simply "Transforms" because it is very likely
that it will collide with a VTK page.

Thanks for volunteering for organizing this page.

      Luis