[Insight-users] How to write a volume to file/files?

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Sun Feb 13 02:07:43 EST 2005

Hi Changhua,

PNG can only manage 2D images.

If you are reading 2 slices, you have now a volume.

Please write the image using a fileformat that supports 3D images.
You will find a list of such formats in the FAQ.

If you really want to get PNGs you may also use the
ImageSeriesWriter. You will find examples for it
in the same Insight/Examples/IO directory.'