[Insight-users] region of interest filter

jef vdmb jvdmb at hotmail.com
Mon Feb 21 09:49:57 EST 2005

Hi Luis,

I am working on a 2D 3D registration problem. The framework is working
properly, and results are satisfying. The problem requires me to add a
region of interest (ROI). When adding this ROI on the same configuration
(same images, same program), the registration is a lot less effective. This
made me think that maybe I am not using this filter correctly.
I proceed in the following way: I still load the whole image as fixedImage,
the only difference is that I specify the output of the ROI filter as
fixedImageRegion.

registration->SetFixedImageRegion(regionfilter->GetOutput()->GetBufferedRegion());

  Is this the correct way to proceed?

How can I raise the effectiveness of my registration: should I raise the
number of spacial samples or histogram bins ( I an using Mattes Mutual
Information ).

Thank you for your advice,

Jef Vandemeulebroucke