[Insight-users] MultiResMiRegistration with itkVersorRigid3DTransform

José Ángel Tavira jat at navimetric.com
Fri Feb 25 03:16:46 EST 2005

Hi everyone

I am using the MultiResMiRegistration framework in order to registrate 2 medical studies (a CT study and a MR study).

The InsightApplications software offers an application using these components:

 /* In particular, it uses the ITK registration framework with
 *  the following combination of components:

 *   - MutualInformationImageToImageMetric
 *   - QuaternionRigidTransform
 *   - QuaternionRigidTransformGradientDescentOptimizer
 *   - LinearInterpolateImageFunction
*/

As this combination did not lead me to successfull results, then I have replaced the following components:

 *   - QuaternionRigidTransform
 *   - QuaternionRigidTransformGradientDescentOptimizer

with the next ones:

 *   - itkVersorRigid3DTransform
 *   - itkVersorRigid3DTransformOptimizer

but the results still remain very inexact, whichever value I assign to the itkVersorRigid3DTransformOptimizer configuration parameters. So, my question is:

Has anybody been able to registrate 2 medical studies (CT and MR) with this set of components?

Thank you very much in advance for your attention.

José Ángel.