[Insight-users] MultiResMiRegistration with itkVersorRigid3DTransform

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Sat Feb 26 16:30:18 EST 2005

Hi Angel,

Yes, we have use a similar setup for registering

PET to CT and MR to CT volumes.

Note that there are *MANY* parameters that you should
fine tune in order to adapt the registration to the
characteristics of your particular images.

It is very important that you fine tune parameters
one resolution-level at a time, starting of course
with the coarsest one.

You must pay attention to the origin and spacing of
both images. To the scaling factors for the transform
parameters, to the learning rate of the optimizer and
to the parameters of the Mutual Information metric.

You must also check if you are using a reasonable center
of rotation for the transform.