[Insight-users] Re: Performance change in registration between ITK 1.8 and ITK 2.0

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Fri Feb 25 18:28:05 EST 2005

Hi George,

Thanks for letting us know about your performance test.

I assume that you are compiling your code for Release...
is that right ?

Is there a chance that you could share that test with us ?
That would help us to locate the potential source of
performance change.

One potential suspect is the recent modification of one
method of the interpolator in order to support the 3D/2D
registration with the ray cast interpolator.

This modification involved to make some methods "virtual".
This could have resulted in the peformance degradation
that you are observing.

You may easily verify this hypothesis by reverting the
change and rerunning your performance test.

The change was in

   Insight/Code/Common/itkImageFunction.h

http://www.itk.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/Code/Common/itkImageFunction.h?root=Insight&sortby=date&r2=1.35&r1=1.34

This was related to Bug # 1160.