[Insight-users] Watershed Segmentation of 3D RGB Image

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Wed Jan 5 12:12:24 EST 2005

Hi Kevin,

Yes, you can indirectly use Watersheds on RGB images in 3D.

You will find an example on the use of Watersheds on RGB images
in the ITK Software Guide:

         http://www.itk.org/ItkSoftwareGuide.pdf

Section 9.2.2, pdf-page 359. "Using the ITK Watershed Filter".

The changes that you made to the example look fine,

I would suspect first of the process that you may be using
for reading your RGB image...

What image file format are you using ?

Are you sure that you got a segmentation fault, and not
an Exception ?