[Insight-users] Watershed Segmentation of 3D RGB Image

Kevin H. Hobbs kevin.hobbs.1 at ohiou.edu
Wed Jan 5 14:18:45 EST 2005

On Wed, 2005-01-05 at 12:12 -0500, Luis Ibanez wrote:
> Hi Kevin,
>
> Yes, you can indirectly use Watersheds on RGB images in 3D.
>

> You will find an example on the use of Watersheds on RGB images
> in the ITK Software Guide:
>

>          http://www.itk.org/ItkSoftwareGuide.pdf
>

> Section 9.2.2, pdf-page 359. "Using the ITK Watershed Filter".
>

> The changes that you made to the example look fine,
>
> I would suspect first of the process that you may be using
> for reading your RGB image...
>
> What image file format are you using ?

VTK, I had just read them in from a directory of JPEGs with the file
series reader.

> Are you sure that you got a segmentation fault, and not
> an Exception ?
>

>     Thanks
>

>       Luis

I'm sure that's what was on the output, and the message I got from ddd,
and I tried try and catch around writer->Update(); which should have
caught exceptions.

I suspect my build with mpicc and mpiCC is the trouble so I'm going to
try again with gcc and g++.