[Insight-users] Scaling in Registration

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Thu Jan 6 22:09:47 EST 2005

Hi Michael,

Thanks for providing the details of your images.

Note that as a general rule, the only reason for requiring a
'scaling' factor in a registration transform is when the pixels
spacing of one or both of the images is *incorrect*.

In any case, if after reading the chapter on geometrical
transformation, and following the registration tutorial
you still think that you need a scaling factor, the you
can use the Similarity transform or the Affine transform.

Note that these transforms are *VERY* sensitive to the
choice of the parameter scaling passed to the optimizer.

Do not confuse parameter scaling, with the geometric scaling
that you are looking for. The distintion between these two
should be clear for you now that you have read the Chapter
on Registration from the ITK Software Guide.

   Please let us know if you have further questions.